Imagine exchanging your vows in an African dry river bed at sunset, being serenaded in by African dancers amidst tribal song. Few experiences can be as personalised as a wedding and each experience requires attention to the finest detail. We promise unrivalled big game viewing, exquisite accommodation, sublime cuisine and above all, a day you’ll never forget. Your safari style wedding will be a celebration of love, tradition and lasting memories.
Packages can be arranged to suit specific wishes and vary from an unforgettable sundowner with champagne and snacks in the middle of the bush, to an elegant reception with silver cutlery and white starched linen in our beautiful formal dining room. We recommend that you book the lodge on exclusive use, so that we can ensure that our full attention is devoted to your function.
It can be as glamorous or as understated as you wish. Consideration needs to be given to weather and the fact that we are in a nature reserve so certain restrictions apply. Ministers from most denominations are easily accessible, as are photographers, cakes, hairdressers and florists. Special menus and dining venues can be allocated when the lodge is booked exclusively.
All you need to do is sit back, relax and leave it all up to us while you enjoy massages, sunset cocktails and game drives. Our weddings are renowned for their beauty and excellent service.
Venues: The main deck overlooking the dam, starlit boma and elegant indoor dining room areas are available at the Lodge for a reception area. Alternatively a superb Bush Reception can be arranged.
- Minister for the ceremony including the processing of all the necessary legal documents
- Chosen wedding location at Chitwa (bush, boma, deck)
- Chitwa Chitwa staff as witnesses and a member of staff as personal assistant
- Local dancers to perform at the ceremony
- Flowers: bridal bouquet, groom’s corsage, basket for table and cake arrangement
- Wedding cake (traditional one layer fruit cake) and champagne for the wedding couple
- Pressing of wedding couple garments
- Chitwa Wellness manicure and pedicure for the bride
- Package cost is on request
Package Excludes: Accommodation, photographer, make-up artist.
Costs of Additional Services:
- Accommodation: please consult our rates on thelodges page
- Photographer: from ZAR 6500 **
- Hairdresser: from ZAR 1200
- Make -up artist: from ZAR 1000
** Cost includes base package of 4 hours and covers photographer’s travelling, unlimited photos, post production work on images, original photo-dvd and standard international postage of photo-dvd.