Date Drama

BlissfullWeddingHopefully
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 27 Jan 2018 17:54

Date Drama

Hi Brides-to-be

We are in a bit of a tough spot with regards to our date. Found the perfect wedding venue and suits our budget beautifully but all the Saturdays are fully booked. Even before we went to view the venue we had a chat with my future mother in law, we all work together so knew that we would have to close the business of we wanted to get married on a Friday in August. She ultimately replied saying that we could make a plan and we should view the venue. We viewed the venue and have a few dates to choose from, now this has become an issue and to cut a long story short "we are being selfish and there is no way we can close the business even with 6 months notice and if you choose that date she will not attend" I get the predicament but also feel that we are being pushed into a corner. She has the tendency to be very controlling and very difficult to speak to as she has her own mindset and nothing will change that. We have a very good relationship in general. I just feel that we could have had an adult conversation and brainstorm together to look at the various options... I really need some advice.. should I stick to my guns? We originally wanted to get married in October but was told that it is the busiest time of the year and Earlier would be better. 

Thanks in advance....

Stressed Bride-to-be

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)